Are there flights from your country to the Maldives? The tropical holiday destination is open to all international travellers with no restrictions. All you need is a negative PCR test and you’re ready to holiday!
Alternatively, if you got your final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine 14 days before your arrival in the country, you don’t need a PCR test.
It’s fair to say the island nation is ‘connected to the world’ as almost 30 airlines are currently flying to the Maldives. Moreover, travellers from India have the option to travel even cheaper with the budget airlines operating flights to the island archipelago.
Here are all the airlines currently operating flights to the Maldives:
- Aeroflot: Operating direct flights from Russia to the Maldives
- Air Astana: Operating direct flights from Almaty to the Maldives
- Air Vistara: Non-stop flights between Mumbai and the Maldives
- Austrian Airlines: Operates regular flights to the Maldives
- Air France: Operates regular flights to the Maldives
- Air India: Operates direct flights from Trivandrum, Bangalore, and New Delhi
- Azur Air Russia: Regular flights between Velana International Airport and Vnukovo International Airport
- Azur Air Ukraine: Operates Charter flights to the Maldives
- British Airways: Flights between the Maldives and London Heathrow
- Condor: Regular flights between Germany and Maldives
- Edelweiss: Direct flights from Zurich to the Maldives
- Emirates: Currently operates 28 weekly flights to the Maldives
- Etihad Airways: Operates regular flights to the Maldives
- FlyDubai: Regular cheap flights to the Maldives
- GoAir: Regular Cheap flights to the Maldives
Other airlines operating regular flights to the Maldives:
- Gulf Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- SCAT Airlines
- Silk Air
- Singapore Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukraine Int’l Airlines
- Uzbekistan Airways
According to the latest stats, the highest number of passengers arrived in the Maldives from Emirates. More airlines are expected to resume their operations to the Maldives as the COVID-19 restrictions around the globe eases. Most recently, Iberia announced to start flights to the Maldives in July.
Feature image by Velana International Airport via Twitter