International Maldives Travel Market (IMTM) has extended access to its virtual platform, IMTMAir for two more days (18th November and 19th November 2020). IMTM made this decision to extend access due to positive feedback. And also requests to allow participants of IMTM 2020 to further interact and build connections with other parties.
Participants of IMTM now have more time to interact with businesses. So, this allows businesses to build up current business connections and make new connections as well.
At the IMTM 2020 virtual fair, held on 16th and 17th November, multiple seminars were also conducted. The Digital Media Partner of IMTM 2020, Dhiraagu, provided a briefing on their products. This focused on assistance in hospitality with Digital Solutions for Businesses in the Hospitality Industry.
Meanwhile, on the second day of the event, experts in the field of rural tourism development from China, Malaysia, Bhutan, and the Maldives held a webinar on Fostering Rural Tourism Development. The webinar allowed each speaker from the respective countries to share and exchange views. The speakers also shared knowledge on a variety of methods adopted and experienced in their countries.
Speakers at IMTM 2020
- Chair of Maldives PATA Chapter, Mr. Abdulla Ghiyas
- Vice President of Guesthouse Association of the Maldives (GAM), Mr. Sameeu Imad
- Former Secretary-General of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture of Malaysia, Tan Sri Dr. Ong Hong Peng
- Assistant Director of Monitoring Centre for Sustainable Tourism Observatories, Sun Yat-sen University, China, Ms. Jiang Jiawei
- Head of Tourism Promotion Division, Tourism Council of Bhutan, Mr. Damcho Rinzin
The Advisor on Asia tourism and former director for Asia and the Pacific of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Mr. Xu Jing, was the moderator for the webinar session.
IMTM is the first Virtual B2B Exhibition on the Travel & Tourism industry in the Maldives. Moreover, the biggest fair in the Maldives is taking place on IMTMair; a brand new platform, which allows all the participants of the event to interact and also connect. Visit IMTMAir by clicking HERE.