The World Travel Awards nominated the Maldives in 10 exciting ‘Indian Ocean’ categories at the 28th annual World Travel Awards; one of the most prestigious honours programmes in the global travel trade and tourism industry.
The World Travel Awards was established in 1993 to recognize, reward and celebrate distinguished destinations across all key sectors and segments of the travel trade, tourism, and hospitality industries.
The Maldives is nominated for the following Indian ocean categories this year:
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Beach Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist Board 2021: Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Wedding Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination 2021
In addition, Maldives is also nominated at the World Cruise Awards, the sister event of World Travel Awards that serves to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in the global cruise sector.
Voting for the Indian Ocean categories is now open and runs until midnight on 01st September 2021 and the voting for World Cruise Awards ends midnight on 31st August 2021. The nominee gaining the most votes in a category will be the winner.
Voting for Indian ocean categories is at: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote
Voting for Best Cruise Destination at: https://worldcruiseawards.com/award/indian-ocean-best-cruise-destination/2021
As the Maldives has welcomed over half a million travellers and is on its way to achieve pre-pandemic arrival figures and revive the Maldivian tourism industry, the nominations at the 28th World Travel Awards will aid in strengthening the image and increase the brand presence globally.
Additionally, Maldives has secured multiple awards in various categories over the years including the Indian Ocean’s Leading Beach Destination 2020, Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2020, Indian, Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination 2020, Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination 2020 and the iconic, World’s Leading Destination 2020 award.
The destination also won the famed Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination award 13 times within the past 16 years.
Feature image by Patina Maldives, Fari Islands